Wander My World With Me
Help Teachers Build Their School in Liberia, West Africa
Buy Phillip Martin's Blog book - Help Build a Classroom | Store
- When you buy a copy of Phillip Martin's Wander My World with Me - Travels to Liberia, West Africa 2016, you help build a classroom.
- Are you interested in building a classroom? Each classroom will cost approximately $2,500. Start a class project to help the teachers build a classroom and have the class named in your honor.
- Contribute or donate solar panels for the school.
- Donate medical supplies for the clinic.
- Aid in funding of a clinic to serve the school and community.
Tugbaken shares an elementary school with the neighboring village, Parken, which is a three-minute walk away. The school has no government support. There are no NGOs that assist the school. The buildings are constructed by adobe bricks and have zinc rooftops.
Daniel Copeland, teacher and principal, said that it was the teachers who constructed the school. In all my travels around the world, I've never heard of teachers building their own school. I spoke with Principal Daniel Copeland about the needs of the community.
It could be a long list, but he mentioned two things:
Surprisingly, one small piece of technology is used throughout the village. Very small solar panels generate light in homes at night. It was not requested, but I'd like to see large solar panels at the school to light the very dark classrooms.
Attached is a flyer about Phillip Martin's project to help the teachers expand or build their school and also help to build a clinic and provide supplies.
Print Out Flyer (PDF)
You are invited to travel with Mural Man Phillip Martin to 19 countries and at 41 different locations. Remember to follow his as he shares many of his adventures from each country.
Mural Man Directory | Mural Man | Artist Phillip Martin
Blog: Wander My World With Me by Phillip Martin | Discover Mural Man in Safe to Lean Store