Working to Help Change Education
- What Works in Education - George Lucas Educational Foundation
- The George Lucas Educational Foundation, a nonprofit operating foundation, was founded by filmmaker George Lucas in 1991. His goal is to engage students and inspire them to become active, lifelong learners.
Explore the edutopia library of videos (K-12) www.edutopia.org/videos
Mindful Child - Book and Blog by Susan Kaiser Greenland
- Susan Kaiser Greenland - Author , The Mindful Child - Co-Founder, Inner Kids
- The Mindful Child is a groundbreaking book, the first to show parents how to teach these transformative practices to their children.
SKG's Blog http://susankaisergreenland.com/blog.html
- Greater Good - Education (featured Stories)
- What Can be Learn about Resilience from Children of Katrina?
How does someone raised in a low-income community with few resources before the disaster, and even fewer after, get beyond the trauma to succeed in school and life? (The story of Talitha Halley,
"Hurricane Katrina displaced 160,000-plus children when it hit the Gulf Coast states of Louisiana and Mississippi in the summer of 2005. More than 100,000 were school-aged, between 5 and 19 years old, according to a 2007 study by the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health." ~ Peggy Barmore 7/10/2015