Phillip Martin - Artist, Muralist, Teacher & Author
- Muralist for deserving walls around the world. The walls range from schools to a burn center, orphanages to community centers, in Albania, Belgium, Belize, Costa Rica, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands, Estonia, France, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Namibia, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, South Africa, Swaziland and the United States. Feel free to contact me if you would like to commission a project.
- One of over twenty Columbus cartoonists featured in the Cartoon Carnival, a tribute to James Thurber, sponsored by the Thurber House Museum and Wild Goose gallery.
Phillip Martin's websites have generated a lot of unexpected surprises.
- Check out Hall of Fame to see what's been going on from Paris to the Galapagos Islands and Stratford on Avon to Papua New Guinea
- Charles Darwin Foundation on the Galapagos Islands. Phliip Martin said that one visit was not enough. He returned to the Galapagos to volunteer as an artist in the Education Department of CDF. Not only did he paint three murals on the islands, he drew illustrations for CDF publications.
- Microsoft featured teacher of the month at Encarta Schoolhouse for GRAND PRIZE winning lessons and web sites on both Hammurabi and Liberian Folk Tales including Black Snake and the Eggs, Spider and the Honey Tree and The Chief Was No Fool.
- CERCOS Presenter on subjects ranging from Ancient China to the use of Folk Tales in the classroom in Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai.
The presentations include my original lesson for "Oracle Eggs" instead of using bones.
- Beyond War Award for Peace Corps service
- Who's Who Among American Universities and Colleges
Self-Employed - Ohio, United States
Illustrator for phillipmartin.com clip art site for teachers and educational resource Pete's PowerPoint Station.
University of Wisconsin-Stout Online professor of "Art for the Non-Art Teacher". This course is for all teachers and is designed to enhance art education at a time when the arts are threatened by the standardization of education and at risk of being cut from the core curriculum. The course will emphasize hands-on experience integrating the Elements of Art (line, shape, texture, value, color and space), followed by the Principles of Art (harmony, variety, contrast, balance, movement, and dominance), and Artistic Styles (realism, impressionism, pointillism, and surrealism) and strategies supportive of art integration as part of cross-curriculum instructional activities.
M.S. in Education
University of Missouri in Kansas City
B.A. in Art; Minor in History - MANC, Olathe, Kansas
Antwerp International School - Antwerp, Belgium
Elementary, Middle School and High School Art
American International School of Lusaka - Lusaka, Zambia
Elementary and Secondary Art
International School Manila - Manila, Philippines
Middle School Art
Ministry of Education, Liberia Instructional Supervisor / Supplemental Reading Specialist in Peace Corps
You are invited to travel with Mural Man Phillip Martin to 20 countries and at 48 different locations
Mural Man Directory | Mural Man | 2016 Mural Man Series | Artist Phillip Martin |
Blog: Wander My World With Me | Store