Julie Kennedy's Let's Be Safe, Fire Drill
Winner of the Outstanding Safe to Learn Pilot Test Project for 2014-2015
A Special "Thank You" to the Pilot Test Volunteers for Reviewing Miss Julie's school project - Let's Be Safe, Fire Drills
- Thank you Trudy Harris and Irma Nurre for coordinating the Safe to Learn Pilot Test Project with selected Principals, Assistant Principals and Administrators from Lamar Consolidated Independent School Distinct (LCISD) in Texas.
- Thank you Kanun Andrade, Jorge Martinez and Jessika Savage.
Their amazing talents, excellent digital photography and video was used to develop Miss Julie's first sample Let's be Safe - Fire Drills Guide for the Safe to Learn Pilot Project. Safe to Learn recommended that video training be included.
(The video by Kanun Andrade was excellent and captured an amazing story about the importance of Miss Julie's Let's be Safe - Fire Drills program.)
- Thank you Patti Lowry-Parrish
Patti's illustration of they graphic character that appears now and then in Miss Julie's Let's Be Safe - Fire Drills Guide added something very special to Miss Julie's Let's Be Safe - Fire Drills Guide. The charter apperaed on pages along with the outstanding and expressive photos by Kanun Andrade, Jorge Martinez and Jessika Savage.
- A Special Thank You for Miss Julie's students and parent volunteers who participated in the Fire Drill on the day the Safe to Learn team filmed for the pilot test project.
- And a very special "Thank You" Miss Julie for all you do every day to keep your students safe. Thanks to you each student not only remembers what do do during a fire drill, but when they leave school, have learned to feel a little safer. You taught them about the importance of safety in and out of school.
Let's Be Safe - Fire Drills
Winner of the Safe to Learn, Excellent in Education for the Outstanding Pilot Test Project for 2015
Miss Julie's Let's be Safe - Fire Drills program is designed to reinforce her message that school is a safe place for students. She created her program at the preschool where she teaches in Redmond, Washington. The first draft of her Let's be Safe - Fire Drills Guide was included in the Pilot Project with Lamar Consolidated Independent School District (LCISD) in Texas during 2015. Those who previewed Miss Julie's Let's Be Safe - Fire Drills Guide, provided excellent suggestions and encouraged her to develop Let's Be Safe - Fire Drills for kindergarten teachers too.