Building & Campus Safety
Leadership & Safety Series #4
Leadership & Safety Series | Store (Single Copy)
#4 - Building & Campus Safety
This workbook provides simple tasks designed to focus on various ways to learn more about each school building and campus. It also acts as a reminder not to assume because the custodian, school police or school resource officer (SRO) is familiar with your building/campus that they will be onsite at the time of an incident or emergency.
Building & Campus Safety Exercises & Discussion Topics:
- Know your building and campus
- Check your campus floor plan and be sure it is up to date
- Check your campus site plan and be sure it is up to date
- Know your neighborhood
- Take a "Bird's Eye" view of your school
- Create a Campus Facility Operations Checklist
- Ask "How Does Knowing Your Building Support School Safety?"
Building & Campus Safety Vol. 1: Know Your Building
Listen and Learn
"In my work I have spent hundreds of hours working side-by side with school custodians as we walked their school facilities and surrounding areas during safety mapping projects collecting digital photographs and 360 movies. I have to say I was impress with their understanding of every detail about their building(s) and campus. I learned so much about every campus from each custodians or facility manager. I listened to what they said and that made all the difference in the data we collected to support school safety."~ Dee Beaugez, Safe to Learn Founder